Saturday, March 27, 2010

monotones, lights and mirrors

Hi-de-ho.
Went to the MCA 'take your time' exhibition today.. one word; amazingfreakingmindblowingawesome.
So first you see the monofrequency room - makes you look black and white (you can forget about in camera white balance in there) thats pretty amazing. Next we went through the perspex tunnel, into the room with the rotating dics, and finally, the mist room, wow. I mean, how can you be sitting in your studio and think "hmm, well I think I want to create an artwork comprised of fine mist that creates the illusion on a rainbow if viewed from exactly a certain angle, that creates a halo around you when you walk through it.." but really, it was amazing. Shot heaps of pics, but best achievement of the day; getting told off by ever MCA staff member in each section for photography. winwinwin. But so worth the long train ride out. Trippy as hell.

Going to work on my video tomorrow, should be a clear morning.. fingers crossed.

Here some of the best from today, enjoy.                          

2 comments:

  1. sick pics. got any more from the gallery?

    its mooney btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do I do,
    its just that im nearly over my upload limit on flickr..
    show you them at schoolio maybe

    ReplyDelete